Big Red Cloud Power Accounting – Generating an API Key Guide.
An API key is a unique value, specific to your company in Big Red Cloud. A separate API Key should be generated for each Big Red Cloud Power Accounting Template that you wish to connect.
Only the administrator of your account may generate, activate or deactivate API keys.
Generating an API Key:
- Log into Big Red Cloud at https://app.bigredcloud.com/, using your Administrator login and password.
- Open the Administration section by clicking on the ‘Administration’ button at the top of the screen.
3. In the Administration section, select the ‘Users/API’ button shown below.
4. Select the ‘API Keys’ button in order to view the screen below.
5. Click ‘Add’ at the bottom of the screen
6. Enter a description for the key you wish to create and click ‘Save’.
Note: It is best if this description makes it easy to recognize who will be using the API Key or what application the API Key is being used for. This will help you to easily identify the people and applications that have access to your accounts should you wish to deactivate or delete one at a later date. (e.g. ‘John’s Power Accounting Key’)
7. You should now see a new API Key record on the screen.
8. Clicking Edit on the API Key record will allow you to copy the API Key.
9. Paste the API Key in the field in the Big Red Cloud Power Accounting Add-in on the right hand side of this workbook to connect to your company.
Please note: the keys visible throughout these instructions are not active and will not work if used in order to test the application.